MILLARD HORIZON HIGH SCHOOL
The mission of Millard Horizon High School is to guarantee that each student become college and career ready by developing the character traits and mastering the knowledge and skills necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship while contributing to a safe, caring, and welcoming community where individuals are respected and accomplishments are celebrated.
- All students will meet or exceed District and State standards; the achievement gap between subgroups will decrease annually; and overall performance on District and State assessments will improve annually.
- Each student will set and achieve challenging educational and career goals tailored to his or her abilities, interests, and aspirations.
- The percentage of students participating in and performing at high levels on measures of national educational excellence will increase annually.
- All students will develop and consistently demonstrate character traits and positive behaviors necessary for personal excellence and responsible citizenship.
- We will develop and implement plans to promote additional learning opportunities beyond minimum graduation requirements to engage students in College & Career Readiness experiences.
- We will develop and implement plans to address the needs of Horizon's diverse population.
- We will develop and implement plans to promote Millard Horizon High School.
- We will implement the PBIS school wide behavior system.
The three other district high schools (Millard West, Millard North, and Millard South) recommend students to attend Millard Horizon High School. Students are placed at Millard Horizon High School for a variety of reasons and students are accepted on an individual basis.